Uncle Bob's Ring | Teen Ink

Uncle Bob's Ring

By 4barsch BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4barsch BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

If something were to happen and I had to grab something out of my house it would probably be my drawer with all my valuable jewelry and coins/bars. First of all because everything in that drawer is worth a lot of money and there is a lot of it. Secondly it is because of the sentimental value to me such as my uncle Bob's ring that I usually have on me but if I don’t it’s in there. Same with my grandpa's gold rope chain, even though I usually always wear that. 

I have a lot of silver in there as well such as silver bars and coins. Some are very old and collectable which I really like and some are newer with more silver. I can’t lose all of that money on that stuff that I bought and that I was gifted to me by my family or passed onto.

If my uncle Bob's ring got destroyed or lost I wouldn’t live the same knowing it. The reason why it is so important to me is because my Uncle Bob took care of me since I was little, and did almost everything for me. One day he started getting sick and didn’t go to the doctor and died in his house alone. We all knew he was sick and told him to go to the doctor, but he refused. After he died they revealed it was due to prostate cancer, which is bad, but could’ve been treated since it is not as bad as other types of cancer. 

Since I already know how it feels to lose something valuable that means a lot to me. This would result in me being disappointed in myself and my whole family. It would drive me nuts everyday thinking about it and that is why I can’t lose it.