My Clarinet | Teen Ink

My Clarinet

By creativity2022 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
creativity2022 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

One thing I can’t live without is my instrument (clarinet). The sound is more like a mellow and mellifluous. The day I got my clarinet was back when I was in 5th grade and playing it for the first time. Not knowing how to play an instrument. I walked into the first day of rehearsal not knowing anyone and not really knowing how to play. I was nervous and did not know what to expect. When I started to play it was hard at first. I was squeaking a lot and playing very quietly and softly. But I practiced and practiced and got better. By the time of the first concert, I felt ready to perform and do good for a beginner. When the concert was over I was so happy for it to be done.

I decided to do band in middle and high school and I liked it. It can be stressful at times but being in band is one of the best experiences I had. I made so many new friends and it's a fun way to spend my time. I go to my room and practice and practice so I can be better at the music I'm playing. Not only the music but also my instrument. 

One of the experiences I had in band was performing at concerts to show off what we had accomplished and it still is one of my good experiences. Over the past years, I've gotten better and played harder music every concert and every year. Even though this is my last year of high school and being in a band I'm still going to practice and play my instrument. It's one of my favorite things to do and brings me good and happy memories. Also, it's enjoyable. 

No other clarinet is the same because from my experience every clarinet sound is slightly different based on it is in tone or not and the players' embouchure (which is the position of the player's mouth when playing an instrument). I can’t live without my instrument because it's my life and I've been doing it for years now.