LITTLE LITTLE | Teen Ink

LITTLE LITTLE

By annalinh0109 BRONZE, Hải Dương, Other
annalinh0109 BRONZE, Hải Dương, Other

I think this question is not the first time I have encountered it. The me of last year had my phone as something I couldn't separate from, but the me of now is my emotions. Emotions sound so vague, it seems like something that will never be lacking whether we are human, animal, or even an object. And it sounds strange that emotions are a thing. But it's not strange at all because according to the definition of thing in the Cambridge dictionary: "a device, product, or part of nature that is not named", it cannot be denied that emotions are a part of our nature and we have  not yet named. So what is happiness, sadness,...? It's really simple, they are just names created by people and now, for example, if someone swaps these two concepts for each other, you will still believe that without knowing their names. The day I have no emotions, my life will be like a flower that day by day loses its source of nutrition, loses the sunshine of the sun, loses the coolness that the winter rain brings. There are days when I sit there dumbfounded, wondering if I wouldn't have emotions, I would be what I am now. Or now while writing these lines, I feel the silence around me, something simple but strangely makes me peaceful. Even when I don't have emotions, I will feel moved by the words I write or I don't even have anything to write because emotions are the fuel I exploit a lot when I want to write something. Emotions don't stop there, emotions make me want to proactively make peace after a stressful argument with loved ones, making me believe that there is hope for me in doing something even though I know that it is impossible. Self-improvement still fails. Emotions make me live like a normal person but not normal at all. My life is more colorful thanks to that. Although I don't know what it will be like for others, I'm pretty sure I will be like something that doesn't exist in this world. I have feelings now, so just thinking about not feeling anything when listening to a Lana Del Rey's song, not being able to see an Oppenheimer movie, not being able to see with my own eyes what America looks like, I immediately see life. This is so tasteless, so boring, so regretful. I send my future, no matter what life turns out to be, no matter how harsh it is, don't lose your emotions.