My Trip To Mexico | Teen Ink

My Trip To Mexico

October 11, 2023
By Sophia-Ibarra BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Sophia-Ibarra BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I woke up at three A.M that morning and I was so excited. I was ready to go to Mexico. I’ve gone many times but each time is like it is the first time. My aunt dropped my dad and I off at the Airport and we were off. We got on our first flight to Chicago, then we got on our second flight to Dallas, and then finally we were there, Guadalajara, Mexico. As we were walking out of the welcome gate I saw him, my grandpa. I ran over to him and gave him the biggest hug. I was so happy to see him because it had been such a long time. He drove us to my favorite place, the bakery with the best chocolate croissants. Then we went to his house and settled in. Later that day we went to my great grandma's mansion and had a family reunion since we were in town. Everyone was there, my great grandma, my uncles, my aunts, and all of my cousins. My great aunts made the food as everyone talked and shared stories. The next day early in the morning my grandpa took my dad and I to visit my dads god-father. He owns one of the biggest tequila businesses in mexico. As the gates opened to his community my eyes bugged out of my head. I thought my great grandma's house was big but that didn’t even compare to these beautiful mansions. We drove by each house, all of them having different unique designs. Then we stopped outside and there he was standing with his arms wide open, excited to see my father after such a long time. It was my first time meeting him since I was a little baby and he said he was so surprised to see me grow up so fast. We walked into his house past the huge wooden two ton mechanic door. He asked us if we wanted a tour of the house and of course we couldn’t resist. He showed us his big pool in the backyard along with his hot top. He showed us his bedroom on the first floor with his walk-in closet full of shoes. Then we went upstairs. As we were walking through the hallway upstairs that leads to the other bedrooms it was as if we were in an art gallery. He had beautiful paintings and sculptures and benches so you could sit down and look at it all. He showed us the other three huge bedrooms, just when I thought the tour was over he said “Do you guys want to see the basement?” We went down the stairs only to find the beautiful basement. He had his maids room down there just as big and nice as his, he also had a steam room. Then he showed us the garage and that was by far my favorite part. He had fifteen cars of all different colors, heights, and types. He had a black Bronco, he had a red Porsche, a green Lamborghini, and a gray Audi and so many more. He asked me what we were planning to do after we came to visit him. We told him that we were planning to go shopping. He asked if he could come with us and of course we told him he could. When we got there he handed my dad fifty thousand pesos and told him to split it with me and that he was so happy we came to visit. My dad and I ventured around going into every store looking for crop tops, jeans, and cute dresses. I got a bunch of clothes and a few extra things. It was so much fun. The next day was the day we were going to take a plane to Manzanillo, the beach. My uncle's wife Sophia is from Manzanillo so whenever we go to Mexico we go to Manzanillo to visit her sister and go to the beach. We stayed in a condo by the beach with a pool in the backyard. Most of the tourist attractions in Manzanillo are run by locals so there’s lots to do and it’s cheap. We went and visited the volcano which is in the same sector of the ocean, we went to the beach, and we went to a lot of restaurants. My favorite thing we did in Manzanillo was releasing baby turtles into the ocean. Mine got picked up by a bird but then the bird accidentally dropped it so my turtle was off into the ocean. We were in Manzanillo for four days. After our last day we went back to Guadalajara. I went to a really cool convention that was going on with my uncle Alvi and it was a video game convention. There are so many more things I did on my trip in Mexico and I will never forget any of my vacations there, visiting my family. 


The author's comments:

Most of my dads side of the family live in Mexico, so I visit once or twice a year.