Day in the life of Bessie | Teen Ink

Day in the life of Bessie

Bessie is our family dog and one of the fluffiest dogs in Ohio. She is a sheepadoodle, one of the most gentle and kind dogs that you will meet and we all love her. As most animals do, she lives a very interesting life with lots of excitement.

Bessie is typically not a morning dog. When she does wake up, she has to stretch to get ready for the day. Before we leave we take her out and we usually hit a tennis ball in the yard using a tennis racket. After that, Bessie gets food and water and everybody leaves until the evening. Once everybody leaves, Bessie will explore the house finding things that she would never find if there were people there. Once everyone returns home, Bessie will want you to throw the tennis ball or play tug of war. 

During the day Bessie will get the zoomies and run around the yard and then she will lay down on the cold kitchen floor. Whenever my brother or I are home Bessie will visit with us and then go lay around in my mom and dad’s room. However, my brother and I will take her outside so she can run around. Once she has completed her outside investigation, she will run up to the door and want to go inside. We give her a treat if she does her business and then she will lay down for a little bit to cool off.

Once it starts to get late, Bessie will let my mom and dad know when it is time to go to bed. When it's time to sleep, she will sometimes move to my bed or my brother's bed. When she does, she often takes up all the room, giving you no room to move. Often she will get up in the middle of the night and go to sleep in the bathtub or on one of the registers. If everybody is staying up late, she will lay down on the floor like a corpse and fall asleep. Occasionally Bessie will go to my brother's room to check on him before we go to bed. Sometimes, Bessie will get spooked and start barking in the middle of the night, like something terrible is outside the window.

Bessie has impacted our family in many ways. Bessie brings our family an immense amount of joy. After a long day, she is something to look forward to when you get home. Overall, our dog Bessie is full of love and radiates that love to our whole family.   

Its Bessie and Bessie is awesome!!!