If Heaven had a Phone | Teen Ink

If Heaven had a Phone

January 29, 2024
By Kennah07 BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Kennah07 BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I started to forget the sound of your voice a few years ago. It broke my heart because it was the voice that comforted me through all my nightmares. The only stories I remember are from the one's mom told me about you. Sometimes I wish heaven had a phone, so you could hear everything about me now. Even if I only had ten minutes, I would try to fit it all in.  I would tell you daddy has a daughter now and you would have loved her. I would tell you how me and Zay don't fight anymore, and his hair is still bright orange. I got a tattoo for you I would say, it's a deer I know how much you loved them. I still cry on saint patty's day, but I just look at the pictures of you and me that hang high on my wall. Me and grandma don't talk anymore, and I know that makes you sad. I'm sorry. I would tell you how I got my permit, but I think you already know that because when I left the house a deer was in the yard. I would tell you all these things that you already know because I know you're still here. I wish heaven had a phone, so I wouldn't forget your voice again. We could make one last memory.


The author's comments:

This piece was written about my best friend, and grandfather. He was taken from me when he passed away from cancer. I miss him every day, but I see signs of him everywhere I turn. I know if he were to read my writing now, he would be my biggest supporter, so this is for him.