If Heaven had a Phone | Teen Ink

If Heaven had a Phone

By Kennah07 BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Kennah07 BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania

I started to forget the sound of your voice a few years ago. It broke my heart because it was the voice that comforted me through all my nightmares. The only stories I remember are from the one's mom told me about you. Sometimes I wish heaven had a phone, so you could hear everything about me now. Even if I only had ten minutes, I would try to fit it all in.  I would tell you daddy has a daughter now and you would have loved her. I would tell you how me and Zay don't fight anymore, and his hair is still bright orange. I got a tattoo for you I would say, it's a deer I know how much you loved them. I still cry on saint patty's day, but I just look at the pictures of you and me that hang high on my wall. Me and grandma don't talk anymore, and I know that makes you sad. I'm sorry. I would tell you how I got my permit, but I think you already know that because when I left the house a deer was in the yard. I would tell you all these things that you already know because I know you're still here. I wish heaven had a phone, so I wouldn't forget your voice again. We could make one last memory.

This piece was written about my best friend, and grandfather. He was taken from me when he passed away from cancer. I miss him every day, but I see signs of him everywhere I turn. I know if he were to read my writing now, he would be my biggest supporter, so this is for him.