The Beauty of Hawaii | Teen Ink

The Beauty of Hawaii

January 30, 2024
By Blongtheronaldacunajr BRONZE, Arcadia, Oklahoma
Blongtheronaldacunajr BRONZE, Arcadia, Oklahoma
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The sweet smell of Magnolia Flowers carried through the early morning wind.

The pink and red glow of the Hawaiian sunrise filled the morning sky. 

I wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocky shores.

I look out and see a pod of spinner dolphins dancing on top of the sparkling turquoise water.

I grab my mask and jump in the cool water, I can taste the salt as it hits my lips.

I can feel the sandy bottom as I swim out towards the deep blue bay.

The hawaiian green sea turtles are snacking along the reef as I swim out.

A mother humpback whale and her newborn calf are splashing about.

I dive down into the endless abyss and a giant manta ray swims up from the depths.

After a long swim I swim to shore and lay in the sun on the warm black sand.

After drying off a bit, I take a hike through the warm tropical forest.

I swipe a papaya off of a tree that is defended by little green geckos for a quick snack.

I hike up Mauna Kea, the top is covered in sparkling white snow.

As the sun sets to the west I look up and see the stars as I’ve never seen them before.

As night sets in I look to the south, and I see the bright volcanic glow.

On this day I truly experienced what paradise truly is.


The author's comments:

I visited Hawaii last year with my family, and I loved to go scuba diving with my mom and dad.