The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

By X_Dysfuntional_Lyrics_X GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
X_Dysfuntional_Lyrics_X GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio

I have a lot of favorite quotes. I cant really pick.

The Monster stays hidden in the shadows. It shows itself often; coming out of the shadows to attack. It creeps upon you silently you'll never know its coming. Sometimes the attacks are so severe that your down for a few days, but those days can turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. You can try to fight off the Monster but sometimes you're fighting a losing battle. You feel like you have no energy left. All you want to do is sleep. Sometimes you cant even sleep. You wont feel like eating. You basically wont want to do much of anything after the monster has attacked you. The Monster grows in the shadows. It feeds off your fears and self-esteem. It'll grow and grow surrounding you in its darkness until you're sure you cant escape it. There are times where you will feel better and you think you've beaten the Monster, but then out of nowhere it attacks again. Sometimes the results can be deadly. Others not so much. The Monster will put thoughts in your head like, "I'll never be as pretty as that other girl." Or "No one cares about me." Etc. You think you cant beat the Monster for good but you can. You can try to defeat the Monster yourself or you can ask for help from someone; like a loved one or someone you trust outside the family. This Monster is evil and it can take a long time for you to get rid of it for good. The Monster can make you become withdrawn from things or people in your life. This Monster is something you do not want to deal with. You want to try to get rid of it as fast as you can but as previously stated that may take a long time. This Monster doesnt care about you at all. It just wants to destory you and if you just ignore it then it most likely will. Sometimes the Monster wont let itself be known to others. It will hide in the shadows until it knows you're alone again. It's vile, evil, and disgusting. It's something no one should have to live with. The Monster stays hidden in the shadows, waiting to attack.

I wrote this piece for Health class. It was for National Writing Day. I portray it as someone with depression, but others who have read it said it sounds like someone on drugs. Which is why I left it the way I did so the reader can make it their own. If that makes any sense.

Kingfan123 GOLD, Charles Town, West Virginia

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
and
"I'd rather stand alone for the right reasons than stand popular for the wrong."

I love this. It really ressonates within my own life and I can relate to the person who is feeling the attacks by this "monster." This piece reflects the darkness in humanity and captures its essense well.  Great job! I really loved it. 

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

well letting what comes to your mind come to the paper intruigued me. :)

Thanks! Im glad you like it :) I didnt even like plan it out or anything I just wrote what came to mind.

i really like this. it actually reminds me of my self esteem. or my anger probs. :/ like i'll lash out at someone and won't know it. it's really good. :D i love how you almost used the same line in the beginning and end too. :DDDD