Keep Your Heart Open for Him | Teen Ink

Keep Your Heart Open for Him

By ExplicitRainstorms SILVER, Long Beach, California
ExplicitRainstorms SILVER, Long Beach, California

Girls…they usually dream about guys. But not just any guy. We dream of the one we want, the one we fantasize about marrying, the knight in shining armor, the prince, the lover like no other, the only one we think we’ll truly fall for and be in love with forever. We think about our dream guy as if we’re already united as one. As if the only thing that truly matters is his happiness and his well-being, but sometimes we’re not sure if we even know who that man is yet. Maybe we haven’t even met him yet.
Some people say that dream guys don’t exist, others simply ask the question: “Will I ever find the man of my dreams?” I can’t guarantee that you will ever find him. I can’t reassure you that the man you could potentially fall in love with is the man that will sweep you off your feet and be your knight in shining armor. But I can tell you that I’ve had those same questions. What girl hasn’t? I’ve wondered and pondered and searched and dreamed of that boy that will adore me in my sweat pants when I feel like crap and tell me I’m beautiful when I’m all sweaty from working out or I’m not wearing make up. I’ve longed for the guy with an abundance of handsome. I’ve wished for the one that I dream about to some how come to life and fall in love with me, just like I would fall for him.
I haven’t found the guy of my dreams. I don’t believe I ever will and I don’t believe that I’ll ever need to. I have a boy that’s better than anything I’ve ever dreamed up before. He loves me, he adores me, he knows me. He’s more than I could’ve ever hoped for. I don’t have to try and dream up some special sweetheart any longer. I’d never imagined anything better than that guy that I had dreamed up for years. But this man surprised me. He proved all those thoughts wrong and enlightened me. He proved that there are people in this world that are better than your wildest dreams; people that are meant for you.
I can’t tell you that you’re going to find the man of your dreams. But I can tell you that there’s someone even better than all of your dreams that is out there waiting for you. You might not expect that person to be the one at first, he might surprise you. But he is definitely out there…just waiting to fulfill your dreams of true love.
Keep your heart open for him.

Day-dreaming always gets the best of me...I dream up all kinds of things. This is for all you girls who have your head stuck in the clouds. Keep your heart open for him. Keep on dreaming up amazing hopes and wants. He'll find you someday :) Keep lookin up :)

ziwhtam said...
Great essay. This is so true. The boy I'm in love with right now is so different than anything i ever expected but so perfect for me.

Zobst1 GOLD said...
Zobst1 GOLD, Buffalo, New York

"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic." -The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde

First things first: this is spectacular! :) you did a great job!! Second: I'm in the same scenario as you are; the boy I'm in love with is a thousand times better than my dream guy. My boyfriend is not a fairytale, he's my other half. Great job once again! :D

FlyleafFreak DIAMOND, Loveland, Colorado

"I have faith in fools;self confidence my friends call it"~Edger Allan Poe
"In this world of infinite insanity, your friends are the best psychiatrists you will ever have."~Me

Wow, this is really good!! This guy I liked just rejected me and this gives me some hope. Thank you for posting this, never stop writing!

That is one of the most heartfelt things I've ever read :,)

alwayswriting14 SILVER, Northport, New York

"Everything makes sense yet nothing makes sense."

Thank you. I loved it!!! It made me cry...