Beautiful Disaster | Teen Ink

Beautiful Disaster

February 28, 2010
By gogreen118 GOLD, Lynnwood, Washington
gogreen118 GOLD, Lynnwood, Washington
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Come here, my girl, for you are a beautiful disaster. You shine, despite any ugliness concealed inside you. You smile that bright smile, with hot tears locked behind your eyes. While racked with shaking fear of what could have been, and what might have been, you keep on speaking like you’re over it.

When you love something, my precious train wreck, let it go. If they reject you, let them. If they hurt you, fight them. If they love you, love them back with all you’ve got. The secrets of yesterday are long over, and the promises of tomorrow are upon you. Feel your strength course through your veins, the fear spilling out, not welcomed back. Ever.

Listen to me, my adorable emotional hurricane; be away with the sob stories of broken hearts, broken bones, and broken rules. You are loved for you, and that means all of you. The good that is in your beauty, in your heart. The bad that is thrust upon you, trying to dim your shine. And the ugly, taking residence in the back of your mind, haunting you until you fight it away.

Despite what others may lead you to believe, my gorgeous little nightmare; there is not an evil bone in your body, not a crude thought in your mind. For you are a source of pure goodness. No matter what happens, you are beautiful inside and out, and no one is capable of taking that away from you. They shouldn’t even try, because you will fight to remain who you are; a beautiful, precious, adorable, gorgeous disaster, train wreck, emotional hurricane, and nightmare.