Some Words About My Twin Cousins' Funeral | Teen Ink

Some Words About My Twin Cousins' Funeral

July 25, 2010
By Artsygirl SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Artsygirl SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
8 articles 4 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather that something is more important than fear.
" Let no one despise your youth instead be an example to the believers in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity. " 1 Timothy 4:12


The day was beautiful, bright blue skies with clouds floating lazily. The sun shown bright on my head and it felt wonderfully warm. Days like these I normally cherish, but not today. The warmth of the sun was hidden by my feeling of sadness, the blue skies not seen because of my tears. Today was my cousin's funeral. Twin little girls died before being born. The thought of them gave me hope. Until I found out they hadn't made it. I was sad for a long time. During the funeral as well. Until I looked around me- Life. Death is sad, but life is what you must dwell on, not death. My twin cousin's are in heaven, with Jesus. I don't have to feel sad about that. The reason why I was sad was not because I was without hope, no I was sad because I wanted to see them right away. But, I realized that I'll just have to wait awhile, and as I've seen by birthday presents and Christmas presents, the things you have to wait for are the best.


The author's comments:
I can't wait to see my twin cousins in heaven