The Pain | Teen Ink

The Pain

By CynthiaLynnILY PLATINUM, Moore, Oklahoma
CynthiaLynnILY PLATINUM, Moore, Oklahoma

I am laying in the floor writhing in pain, waiting for the ambulance to arrive,I can't breathe! There
are people all around. The medics come in and surround me, they get the details on the situation, and ask my mom if I need to go to the ER.
Next thing I know, I am in the ambulance and they are putting the I.V. in and asking me a million questions. When did the pains start? Can you rate them on a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst pain you have ever felt?
How old are you? Are you currently on any medications? Do you use drugs?
It was a long, painful trip in the to the hospital,the whole time
I was on oxygen, and there was a random tube hanging out of my arm.

We arrive at the hospital, which seemed like hours later. They ask me alot more questions. Then I wait, watch t.v. and talk to my Mom and Justin. A few hours later they wheel me into the X-ray room,I love having X-rays,but considdering the circumstances..
I wasen't exactly thrilled.
They tell me to stand up and
hold onto a bar, turn. Straighten out, put my arms over my head and stretch out.
I look at the X-rays and they look just the same as every other one I have gotten. Same curve in my spine.
Now I just have to see what the Doctor says, really he didn't say much. Just that they don't know what's wrong and that they will give me some pain medicine through my I.V. and send me home.
It's hard not knowing what's wrong, and that it could come back anytime and be worse. It haunts me everyday, but more so since Physical Therapy last week.
They examined my back, so they would know what excersizes they should use, for future appointments. During this appointment she is watching me bend, walk,turn. She is feeling my back and comparing, and taking notes. Then she notices something weird. The right part of my back, L3 to be exact, isn't moving. She moves her hands down to the bottom of my spine, and says it is crooked.
Two things that they didn't know before that day, so now we have more things to work on in the future.

I have scoliosis, and recently found out, that it probably wasen't the reason for the pain.