Not Into Romance | Teen Ink

Not Into Romance

September 24, 2010
By Anyanka GOLD, Carrollton, Texas
Anyanka GOLD, Carrollton, Texas
11 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Evil Willow looked around the room and sighed. "This world's no fun." She grumbled. Good willow looked over at her bitterly. "You noticed that too?"'


After all this time I guess I never thought it was real. Someone holding out their hand toward you asking you to dance. This is some stupid girly crap that I have never participated in. Everyone at school knows for a fact that I don't like love songs and I don't like to be touched.

There's no way I'd ever think about going out with a guy, much less actually going out.

A girl like me... everyone knows I'm too confident anyway. Guys can't find the courage to ask me out... and it doesn't help that I'm not like a girl to most of them. I'm not a tomboy but I don't wear skirts and just this year I finally started wearing clothes that showed my figure.

In the end I'm just one of their friends. The kind of girl you would marry but never date. It probably didn't help that I'm already working toward my future. One book done and another I'm trying to finish in a month... it sounds as though I'm the serious type.

I don't do romance and I'm working toward my future. That sounds completely and totally odd in a way. Well I guess that's because I'm a hopeless romantic, and incredibly picky.

I think about a guy doing something romantic for me all the time, and I like to pretend that I may meet someone to sweep me off my feet at any new place I go.

It won't happen though. I'm sixteen and I'm pretty sure that it rarely happens and rarely works out. That's alright and it's okay. I'll just write a few romances and get it out of my system while continuing to pretend that I don't like girly things like love songs and guys trying to sweep me off my feet. I'll continue to pretend that this isn't true.

It'll be easy...


The author's comments:
just some thoughts going through my head.