Auto - Biography | Teen Ink

Auto - Biography

By horselove146 GOLD, Scituate, Massachusetts
horselove146 GOLD, Scituate, Massachusetts

September 13th, 2010

Dear Ms. Wall,

Hello, my name is Teresa Chrisitine, although I prefer to be called by my nickname, Tess. I was born in Stoneham, Massachusetts, on August 27th, 1996. For preschool I went to TCL which used to be across the street from my high school. For kindergarten through sixth grade I went to Hatherly Elementary School. For seventh and eighth grade I attended Gates Intermediate School. For high school I am attending LHS. At LHS I plan to participate in field hockey, lacrosse, and possibly some kind of art club. To describe myself I would defiantly say I am helpful, nice, and obedient.

I am an only child, but I was adopted. My birthmother lives in Lynn, Massachusetts with my two birth brothers, Thomas and Zachary. I live with my parents, Mary and Dan. I have a dog named Buddy; he is a Labradoodle (half yellow Labrador retriever, half Poodle). Although I have a dog, I also have five rabbits, their names are, Jasmine (A.K.A. Harvest), Silver Moon, Sawdust, Misty, and Stormy. I have always lived in Scituate, Massachusetts. I do, however, have a cottage in South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. For chores around the house, my parents like me to unload the dishwasher, clean the bathrooms feed and give water to my dog and my rabbits, clean my room, and wash, sweep, and vacuum the floors. Do I have a favorite family saying? I guess I could say, “Stick together”.

I am involved in many activities, and sports. I play field hockey, lacrosse, and tennis. In addition I like to swim and dance. Art and music are two things I really enjoy doing. This past summer I volunteered for the Morning Adventure Camp at LHS for three weeks. At camp when the little kids came, we would play games, and have snack. The camp was from nine to twelve, but field trips were until three, on Thursdays. I play defense in both field hockey and lacrosse. I went out for field hockey because two of my good friends played, and I wanted to join them as well. I have always wanted to be part of a team too! Two of my other good friends played lacrosse so I thought it would be fun to try that too. I like both sports, and I think I will continue with them through high school. I played tennis for three years, and I loved it. I played it through the Youth Center in the summer. I did not play this past summer though; I just did not have the time. I was part of the swim team this summer, as well as a volenteer for the summer camp. I went to swimming from eight to eight forty-five, and then I had to be at the camp by nine! It was a tight schedule but I managed. I do not think I will continue with swimming next year, because of my schedule. In addition I used to dance three times a week, for two years, but I dropped dance last year, because of school work. I love art, and I would say I am a pretty good artist. I like to draw, and paint. I also love computer designed art. For music, I like rap and hip hop. I listen to the radio stations Kiss 108 and Jamin’ 94.5. I like that music because if I am stressed out and I listen to it, the music calms me down. Computers are one of my favorite things in life; my computer knowledge is almost outstanding. I use Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop CS4, all kinds of movie makers (Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, ect.), Photostory 3, Quicken, CAD and more. Online I like to edit my photos with Picnik, a website where you can edit photos professionally. I use other programs that I cannot remember right now, but I am pretty good with computers. I like to read fiction. One book I read in fifth grade, that I really liked was called, Absolutely Normal Chaos. I really liked that book, because it was written in the perspective of a teenage girl. It was a diary that the girl had written, and I found it very good. I like a lot of television shows on MTV, for example Made and Next. I am proud that I joined field hockey and lacrosse. I am proud because it makes me part of a team, it is great exercise, and it is really fun to play with my good friends.
As a student, I love writing. I could write all day long, about anything. If I am bored I write because it’s what I love to do. However, I do need a lot of improving in my writing. Although I love to write, I do not like to read. I think it is because reading, to me, is boring. Writing however, is doing something, and you can also learn by writing. When I read I am a very slow reader, and the words are blurry. I have gone to the eye doctor, but nothing has helped. I might need reading glasses, and I have tried them, but they just don’t work for me. Reading on the computer seems better than reading on paper. One thing I want you to know about me as a student is, I like things to be very explained to me. I cannot just be told to do something, people need to show me, not tell me. I love high school, I feel happy and good about it because I love the amount of freedom and responsibly we have. I also enjoy the music that is one minute before the time you need to be in class. I think it really helps budget my time. I also like the size of the lockers; I can fit all of my belongings in my locker. I am very excited to be in this writing course, because as I have said, I love writing. I think this is a great opportunity to learn some new writing techniques that will improve my writing. Two goals that I want to achieve before the end of the year are, I want to be on the honor roll, and I want to become a better writer. If I all of my homework, and study more, I think making the honor roll is possible. If I listen in class, I will become a better writer. If I set my mind to something, it will happen.

Sincerely,
Tess