Dream of music to reality | Teen Ink

Dream of music to reality

March 3, 2011
By AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington
AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington
11 articles 4 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8


While I sit on my couch listening to the dishwasher running and the freezing cold wind blowing agesnt my window, I remember how much i have came far with my faith in God and my desire of music. Many times when I watched the worship team or when i went to a concert something inside of me cried out saying I want to be on that stage bringing worship to the people or in other words leading worship. Very clearly remembering when I went to the Woman of Faith conference down in Seattle, WA and when four women where leading worship I had the feeling of wanting to be up there on that stage. That wanting of being on staged was eased sometimes when I did my Choir concerts from middle school up to now and doing a couple of plays but it never really satisfied me. At one point in middle school I kept on trying to write music and I had even asked Theories of Gabriela's lead singer Ryan Spiker how he wrote music which I'm so thankful that I did. In October 2010 I tried out to be on the Area 32 worship team but didn't make it, I was really crushed and for a day or two I had felt like never singing again, but God had other planes for me. Few months later i had an idea of the youth group at my new church doing worship for a Sunday or so and after that with a few friends and my little sis we started a band and just about made our first song! So what I'm trying to get at this is that, Don't lose sight of your dreams to do something that cry out from your heart even when life likes to make you take a few steps back to where you were again, if God has placed it on your heart then he will help you make it happen! I don't know how far this band will go but from what I've seen, we're going to be doing some awesome stuff, even if we still don't have a name! lol!

.


The author's comments:
When God puts something on your heart that you want to do so badly he will make it come true even if it takes a little while to do so.