Daddy | Teen Ink

Daddy

March 17, 2011
By bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland
bubbagump96 GOLD, Frederick, Maryland
11 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A friend shares their umbrella. A best friend grabs it and yells 'Run, Forrest, run!'".


Dear Daddy,




3/17/2011


Happy birthday! I wish you were here with me. I'm going to make you so proud. I'm going to get straight A's and hit a home run. I'll run the bases thinking of you.

I miss you so much and I cry when I remember the good times we had. But I know your up in Heaven getting them ready for us all. Everyone's talking about you in the past-tense, but I talk in the present because your still here. Remember the bobby pin I ran and got before everything happened? I have it on a necklace along with an ID tag with your name on it. I'm going to have a charm necklace with all the things that remind me of you. Not that I need to be reminded. I'll never forget you. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not listening to you all those times. I wish I did. But when everything was happening, I heard your voice telling me to take care of Mommy for you. And I'm doing that just for you. I'm being strong Daddy... and I heard a song that made me think of you. It said, "Though you can't see him now he's still here. And he knows this is only going to make you stronger." It was talking about God, but to me, it was you. Can you hear me saying good night and love you? I have every night since... I can't bring myself to say that your dead. It just seems like your at work or something. Like your going to come home. But you are... your in everyone's hearts and on their mind. I can't believe your gone, I still haven't processed it. I don't know if I ever will, I guess I will one day. But in the hospital I just thought... my scrimmage is in two hours and your not going to be there. But then again your going to be there in my heart. You always will be. I remember all the things you taught me over the summer about softball... and I'll never forget. I'll use it everyday. I will never forget the times we've had together. I wanted to go hiking with you this weekend... but I guess I'll have to wait to do that huh? I hope your having fun in Heaven. I promise I won't let anything happen to Mommy or Michael. I love you and miss you so much....

Your Favorite Daughter,
Hali <3


The author's comments:
My Daddy died two days ago... and I just vented in this letter. I truly hope no one ever has to go through this pain... but then again, I have recognized things that I have taken for granted all my life. Like my Daddy.