Abuse | Teen Ink

Abuse

May 11, 2011
By PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii
PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii
12 articles 6 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never lose by loving, but you always lose by holding back.


I have had boyfriends abuse me mentally and it's not a good feeling. You feel like everything is your fault and that they really love you, That's what they want to you to think. When you have a boyfriend that wants you to sneak out to come to his house so you can "hang out" and you know your parents don't like the guy, its not a good idea because the guy will only end up using you. Then when you don't show up because it's to far he will say "o maybe next time you can make it". When you don't come next time then it will end up making him mad and then you will end up having a fight. He will make you feel bad and make you say sorry a lot to him.
If you have a boyfriend that wants you to skip school to go hang out because you "never" hang out after school then he's not worth your time. I know that you don't want to believe it at first but it's true. I was mad at my parents when they tried telling me that he didn't care about me. I made up excuses for him just like he wanted me to. My parents even tried warning me but I didn't listen to them because I thought I knew my boyfriend better then they did but in the end they knew him better then me. If I could do it all again I would have never dated these two guys. They weren't worth it and I hope other girls won't let their boyfriends mentally abuse them like I let mine. Its not healthy and it affects your self-esteem a lot. You feel like if your friends find out then they won't treat you the same but if they are your true friends then they will help you over come it and help you get out of the relationship before it goes to far. So trust your friends they may know more then you think they know.