The First Time I Met my Brother | Teen Ink

The First Time I Met my Brother

By heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina
heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina

Anticipation has my heart beating out of my chest. Thoughts fill my head. A rush of excitement runs through me. It's still unbelievable. I can't believe this is about to happen. I've waited thirteen years for this moment. I see the reflection of the headlights through the window. I run down the stairs not believing I'm about to meet my brother for the first time. I hug my grandma and grandpa. Then I see a spitting image of my dad...well may I say our dad now. We stand there, two feet apart, just staring at each other. You put your arms out to hug me and hold me so tight. Tears filled my eys. I could feel your heart beating. There was so much to be said and I couldn't say a thing. We just stood there hugging each other. My heart being complete. I find my words and slowly, every so quiet say " you don't know how long I have waited for this moment." We both laugh. You tell me that you agree. All my life I knew I had you. Now I'm looking at you for the first time. Thats one thing I will never forget. From the way I felt to the expression on your face. I will want to relive this moment but this is it. You only get one time. The first time I ever met my life. The best day of my short life.