I Don't Want Prince Charming, I Want Mr. Perfectly Imperfect | Teen Ink

I Don't Want Prince Charming, I Want Mr. Perfectly Imperfect

May 22, 2012
By Baby.Boo PLATINUM, Casper, Wyoming
Baby.Boo PLATINUM, Casper, Wyoming
39 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you obey the rules you miss all the fun!"
- Katharine Hepburn


     You wanna know what I want? I want the kind of love they talk about in Romance Novels! You thought I was gonna say fairytales. But you see I'm a little more of a realist then that, and that's just a bit too cliche for me. I mean in fairytales you have the princess, beautiful as can be, but there is always something terribly wrong with her. And shes usually locked away or guarded by some horrible beast. Then there's the prince, the troubled handsome prince looking for love. Who just happens to stumble upon the princess as she ponders (usually singing) about finding 'prince charming'. Oh and let's not forget the evil (step) mother. Anyway you all know how it goes the prince accepts the princesses flaw no matter how difficult and defeats the step mother, and maybe a troll, and a dragon or two, and then they live happily ever after. 
       Well that's all fine and dandy and heck I'd love to have a prince charming! But I'm no princess and my mom isn't evil and plotting my death. So that's just out of the question. And I don't know any guys that are exactly 'prince worthy'. (Willing to kill dragons for me) But in romance novels people are people, they are not portrayed as perfect. Maybe the 'love at first sight card' gets pulled a little to often, but hey they are more realistic then dragons and trolls. Just a cute guy and a pretty girl, who go on a few amazing dates and fall in love. I could go for that. Of course they have a conflict (a fall out even) but they always resolve it. And then they live... Oh dang I didn't realize it but romance novels have a sorta implied 'happily ever after' at the end.
     Then I guess they are not for me either. By now you probably think I'm crazy! Of course I wanna be happy, but don't you think it would get annoying? Having a perfect guy, could be amazing at first but then you would expect more and more. Im not saying I want some random guy off the street. I want a guy who's perfectly imperfect. A guy who will surprise me with my favorite candy, or a ring from a quarter machine. I want a guy who will use cute 'cheesy' pickup lines on me, and kiss me to get me to shut up. I want a guy who compliments me and takes care of me when I'm sick. I want a Mr. Perfectly Imperfect. I'm sure I will find him.... one day.


The author's comments:
I love quarter machine rings and cheesy pickup lines, :)