Writers Block Blog | Teen Ink

Writers Block Blog

July 11, 2012
By Liberty-May GOLD, Surrey, Other
Liberty-May GOLD, Surrey, Other
11 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
the pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with


Dear Reader…

Last week I was asked to write a blog for my English homework, to be handed in on Thursday 12th July. I thought that y’know it would be fine, I’d think of something to do, follow the tips, do a bit of research and write it up, turn out it wouldn’t be so easy my dear reader.

Don’t you find it annoying when you have a brilliant idea, scribble it down then read it through and think to yourself- ‘what a pile of rubbish’. Just that happened to my first attempt at writing a blog called In Bad Company. The beginning was great but the ending-pants!

My second attempt I didn’t even bother to read through because I knew from the start it would be rubbish- at the end of the day all it was-a pile of gripe. I started to think myself over-critical so I returned to my first idea, relived the reason I had abandoned it and went back to the drawingg board.

I hadn’t completely forgotten about the homework but it was pushed to the back of my mind to make room for the dreaded History homework. The first week flew by. I wrote down countless ideas, paragraphs, planning, blogs but none of them worked out. I’m sorry to say it dear reader but none of my relationships with blogs have worked out all sorts of random blog ideas have spouted out, each more dim-witted and pathetic than the last (I got rather depressed after admitted this to myself when I wrote a blog about my everyday life).
Eventually after my last blog about writing I turned to the only option left to me- A blog about my blog.
Where dear reader have I gone wrong in my blogging skills? Turns out writing a blog is harder than you’d think- in fact is downright tough.

So now I come to my conclusion- I hit a HUGE writers block right after re-reading my first blog. In case you don’t know what that is- it’s when you write something and think it’s rubbish r you simply can’t think of anything to write. I may just have had Writers block virus and it’s taking a while to get out of my system. This writer’s block has hit me like a tonne of bricks, drowning my mental and creative capabilities and forcing me to create a downgraded version of a decent blog.

Maybe someone in the billions of people living on this planet might find this funny.
The Author


The author's comments:
As you can see- a piece for my English homework, sometimes i ask myself- why did i ever hand this in? The homework was to write a blog