Sometimes It Feels Like What You Feel Doesn't Matter | Teen Ink

Sometimes It Feels Like What You Feel Doesn't Matter

By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida

"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

I feel like I want to run. Run far away. So far away that nobody will ever find me. I feel like I want to run away and start over, but I know that I can't. I don't have that option. I know that I can't run away from my problems, but I want to. I'm just sick of that negative voice in my head telling me that I'm a bad person. I know that I have the power to get rid of that voice... but at the same time I feel like I don't. I don't want to talk to somebody about how I feel because I've never had good experience with that. I don't think that telling somebody about how I feel will help. I feel misunderstood, just like most teenagers. I feel like no matter what I'll never fit in, I'll never be good enough. There are so many days where I wanna just be done with everything. It's like a gut feeling that you feel you'll never be rid of. You feel so bad about yourself deep down inside so on the outside you just assume everybody thinks that you're a bad person. A lot of the time I feel like people lie to me about everything. Like they're just humoring me. For once I'd like to sit down and have a conversation with someone and know that they're being 100% honest.

I was having a really bad day, so I wrote.