Dancing. | Teen Ink

Dancing.

There are many hobbies to do such as dancing, swimming etc. Sometimes you can start from such a young age or start older, or do it for a reason like losing weight. I’m 14 years old now, but I started dancing when I was younger at a dance group called Lisa’s dance academy. The dance teacher was really good. My twin came to the same dance class as me, and she still goes to the dance group now. All though I did when I was younger I don’t go now I go to another dance group called Dynamic dance, the teacher of this group is called Carly. Dynamic dance is a street dance group.

This year I done a dance show called Launch, with my two sisters. We were dancing to a remix of many different dances, wearing black and white ripped clothes. My nervous was really getting the best of me, because of how people were going to be there at the Open venue in the city as well my friends and family was going to be there too! While me, becca and my friend from school Emily was backstage in a big room only round the corner to the stage and the seats of where the audience would you be sitting, everyone had to keep a little bit quite while the show was beginning. There was many outfits worn and different makeup. When I was younger I went in the group younger than the one I was in now was at the show too, they all had sparkly silver makeup on one half of their face, also they had two black dots on their face. Finally we got called towards the stage, I felt as if I was just going to stay behind stage but I fell at the back of the stage where there was a door opened wide, leading onto the stage, the faces shined with all the purple etc. lights moving left to right, giving the effect to the crowd. All cramped into a small corridor we saw the door to the room where my sister and her friends were staying until the show came on. Suddenly the beginning of our song played throughout the room. Gratefully I wasn’t at the front. I came onto the stage it wasn’t as bad I thought it would be, I was happy I don’t it in the end.
I enjoy dancing especially all by my-self though, because of my confidence, I still do dance in with all the other people in our group, but I do prefer to dance all by my-self. Dancing has improved some of my confidence, because if I didn’t do the show in front of my friends and family made me think of to keep on trying to get in front of other people.