Broken Heart | Teen Ink

Broken Heart

June 15, 2013
By DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
12 articles 0 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm fine. I just feel like I'm shattered into hundred of little shards of glass and I'm going to hurt everybody who loves me.


Do you know what a broken heart feels like? It feels like shattered glass piercing your lungs as you try to hold back the screams and tears of despair. Desperation grips you with old, knowing hands that seem like they will never let go. The memories play in the back of your head like a romantic tragedy. You silently wish to be held in the other person's arms. Your hand still reaches out, wishing to be grasped by another but instead, feels nothing but air. Cold fills every space within you, because to you, there is no sun anymore. You ask the stars questions that will never be answered. You feel like if the only way to remember how to love is to feel miserable you would do it. All you want, all you need is a reason to survive. This is what my broken heart feels like.


The author's comments:
Well this piece describes how my broken heart feel like a after a breakup. Which happens to much I think.