Crushed Promises | Teen Ink

Crushed Promises

July 7, 2013
By BCS248 GOLD, Calgary, Other
BCS248 GOLD, Calgary, Other
12 articles 2 photos 6 comments

“All I have is a promise. A promise to never give up on us or on you. .…. Either way I’m not going anywhere I am going to be here whether you let me in or not.”


I would have followed through on that promise to my dying day. You were the best friend I had waited a lifetime for. Nothing has ever come so easy for me, being with you was effortless, it was like we were made for each other. You saved my life in more ways then you know and helped me take the first step on the long road to healing. The change in me over those months were a testament to the person you are. I know I left you behind, I know I was the one who moved away, but I was prepared to move mountains to bridge that gap. I may have not physically been with you but my heart was still with you. I did my best, I put the effort in, I stayed in touch, I was as present in your life as I possible could be from 936 km away. I can understand you phasing me out. I can understand not being totally honest, not sharing everything. I can understand us drifting apart a bit. I knew that distance would be hard but the times we had on holidays would bring us back together. I knew that if we could make it to summer we would be okay.
Except we never mad it to summer. We barely made it through Christmas and I was home for three weeks that month. You were giving me the cold shoulder, you stopped replying to texts, the letters stopped coming, and the phone stopped ringing. And then finally you asked to ‘talk’. You unceremoniously ripped me out of your life. You handed me half ass excuses and open ended blame games. You didn’t just walk away you burned every single bridge that could have led you back to me.
That promise was good for life and you picked it up shredded it to pieces and trampled on it as you walked out of my life without looking back not even seeing how much you crushed me as you did.


The author's comments:
Losing people hurts. This is a true story of a progression that occurred in less then a year. They came into my life and then they left.They blessed me and then destroyed me.