Blue Curtain | Teen Ink

Blue Curtain

By Jacelyn PLATINUM, Ft. Irwin, California
Jacelyn PLATINUM, Ft. Irwin, California

A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.

In school, teacher always tear books apart.
"Obviously, since they say 'blue curtain' it signifies depression."
I think, "Why does that have to be? Am I a bad writer because I don't write with those thoughts?"
And then I think, "How do they know what is meant? There is no way for them to know what is meant by 'blue curtain'. If I write 'blue curtain' maybe I mean a cage, or a veil or writer's block or simply a 'blue crurtain'."
If I don't even know my own mind how can they know my mind? They can't know everything I mean. I suppose they have some right to say that because they passed college and I didn't but they can't tell me what I meant.
When I was in ninth grade, we had to read a book and write down our thoughts every fifty pages. My teacher gave it back to me saying, "So your book is talking about racism?"
I wanted to tell her, "How do the passages I gave you talk about racism? The author was just trying to write a story with different people in it."
If, because I don't use an excessive amount of metaphors and similes, I'm a bad author or just a wanna-be then I don't want to be an author. I don't want to over-analyze everything. I simply want to get the words whirling around in my head out of my head. I have no deeper meaning aside from that selfish desire.
Sometimes, a 'blue curtain' is just that; a blue curtain.