Broken Ankle | Teen Ink

Broken Ankle

By slinkster BRONZE, Batesville, Indiana
slinkster BRONZE, Batesville, Indiana

It happened on a Saturday I invited my cousin Nathan over the day before, and that morning we were playing basketball on the patio in front of my house. We took a break for a little bit and then we asked my dad if we could ride the three-wheeler we have and he gave us the go ahead. When we got the three-wheeler pushed out of the garage I started it up. It took me a few tries to get it to start, and then we heard a brum brum come from the engine. I drove down the drive way with Nathan on the back and we went all around my house up the hay field and ramped on a pile of gravel. We did that for a while and then it was Nathan’s turn while I rode on the back for a while, and then as we were going up our hill the heel of my shoe got caught on the tire and it pulled me under. I was still on the three-wheeler while I heard the crunch sound of my ankle under the tire. I started yelling for Nathan to stop, but he couldn’t hear me over the engine, so I started pounding on his back and saw my ankle. When he stopped I started to sniffle a little bit, but not really bad.
I hobbled over to the patio and sat down on the concrete and yelled, “Dad! Dad!” 3 He finally came after two or three minutes of screaming he said, “ What is the screaming about”, and then he saw my swollen ankle and told me to ice your ankle and it will be fine. Two or three hours later my mom came home from grocery shopping and my dad told her what had happened and my dad told her that I might have broken my ankle. She went up stairs to check my ankle out and she said, “ Do you know how hard it is to break an ankle.” After a couple of hours of watching TV we took Nathan to his house because he wasn’t having much fun watching TV. Once we got back home my dad told my mom that we should take him to the doctor just in case he has a broken ankle. Well that night we were supposed to go to the Werner Thanksgiving. We got in the car to go to the doctor. Once we arrived there I hobbled into a wheel chair to get some x-rays, and once the x-rays were done we went into the doctors office to go look at them. The doctor told us that it is hard to break an ankle, but it isn’t if you still have growth plates. It took me a while to get use to the crutches going up the stairs and going down the stairs. It took me a while to heal and to participate in gym class and play football at recess, but I got off my crutches and was walking, but with a limp. Soon enough I was back to normal, and did not limp at all.

I liked it when you got to play in gym again and when you got to play football and then when you got to share the three-wheeler with Nathan.

I like the description about my story

I will improve punctuation in my narrative

Time when I broke my ankle