Train of Thoughts | Teen Ink

Train of Thoughts

October 17, 2013
By Anonymous

I wish they’d stop watching that movie; it’s getting on my nerves; it’s so lame. The dialogue’s weird. The writer part of me is cringing. The sounds are disgusting; I can hardly focus on my schoolwork. Kevin’s tearing up books, ignoring his favorite movie. (Is that a good thing?) “Loving-king love hold?” What’s Lindy talking about? Dave’s barging into Alec’s project. Kevin’s screeching is making my ears ring. The boys are so obsessed with Star Wars. Another scream. Ouch. Kevin refuses to stop being an imp. He prefers Lindy to everyone else. My foot hurts. I wonder if I’m coming down with a cold. The voices are driving me crazy. I want a nice, quiet place. The desk’s too messy; I thought Mama asked Alec to clean it yesterday? Oh, yeah, it was something else. Who left that bowl there? I want to get back to my music. I think Christmas music is my forte. More Star Wars whistling. (Aaarrgh!) I wish I had a whole lot of mechanical pencils. How am I going to get my book done before I graduate? How far is Mama on her book? How mad is her editor? I’ve only met Sam once—she’s short. Seems to me like she’s a little short-tempered. My back hurts. I hate that accent in the movie—it’s too forced. I hope Karter’s accent and dialogue sounds true to Arizona. I need to develop Spike more. Would Mr. Dixon mind it if I based a character off of him? Mr. Dixon pretends to strangle Michael. Michael’s really quiet. McKay reminds me of Trent. I need to get that letter sent off ASA; I hope it doesn’t take too long to get to St. Johns. Some of the books these days appall me. My neck itches. Another CD's left out of its case. I wonder if my first date will be at college. Probably so—I’m not holding my breath, thanks to our move. Man, I miss Talaina. Would she mind if I named a dragon after her? Or would she prefer a unicorn? What’s Talaina doing now? It’s not fair—Rosalie has an awesome private school to go to and dozens of friends. The only friends I have are through email and at church. I bet most girls here don’t even know how to cross a cattle guard. I bet most of them don’t even know what a cattle guard is!