Our Time together | Teen Ink

Our Time together

By Hms1214 BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Hms1214 BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania

I was new and afraid. This was my third new school and I was only in third grade. I was a shy girl back then, but since our time together, I have had a really big breakthrough. The area was familiar to me since I went to church nearby. Look, I see my classmate from church, Cameron, but I call her Cammie. Cammie is a year older than me, but that doesn't mean she didn't help me find him.

Alex. He is my boyfriend now. He has helped me in many ways. I have helped him in many ways as well. He is the one who helped me get out of my shy shell. He always says,” It doesn't matter what you look like or what problems you have, I will always be there for you, because you are not only my friend you are my true friend. I know you will be there for me, to help me when I need you to be.”

To this day, I always am and in return he is there for me, to help me when I need it, to be a friend even if he is mad at me, because it doesn't matter to him. Whenever I need him, I trust that he will be there. So what if he knows my secrets, I know and trust that he won’t tell anyone other than Cammie. They are my closest friends, the ones I know I can trust with anything. When I need them they are there for me, helping me cope with whatever problem I have, because that is what a true friend does.

With our time together, I have found comfort. Enough comfort for me to come out and actually see the world with my own eyes. To help people around me, that are the way I used to be, and most of all to be their friends and to be there for them when they need it.

These are the things they have taught me. They didn't teach me through words, but through their actions. They are the ones I will always turn to no matter what happens in my lifetime.

This is a personal and true story about a certain part of my life.

Hms1214 BRONZE said...
Any advice to help spice up my work?