When I Find You Daddy | Teen Ink

When I Find You Daddy

September 12, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I am strong enough to find the truth. I am strong enough to be the truth. I will unravel it, shake it, lock it within the relms of my soul forever. When I find you daddy, I will hold you close. Maybe this small contact will fill the years of emptiness, fill the hole in my heart. You'll be my other half, keeping me together when I've held on for so long without you. Someone once asked me if I really cared, and I do, believe me. But my step dad has always been there. I'll give him credit, he's helped me grow up. But that hole will never be filled until I find my truth, my rock. I will find you, I will keep serching until I can grasp your hands. Maybe we'll have to wait a hundred years until then, but at least we'll be together.

I love you, whoever you are Dad. I exist, and I'm looking for you.


The author's comments:

It's hard not knowing a parent. Wish me luck!