Moment in Time | Teen Ink

Moment in Time

By Kanderson33 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Kanderson33 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

My dad came back to share the news of my grandfather that my grandfather had gotten into an car accident as he told us there really wasn't and affection of sadness, until the gut churning news came around.

Once my dad came back from staying with my grandfather in the hospital, he had told my mom and sisters first as he told me last on what happened to my granddad.

After my dad told me I immediately broke down like the walls of Jericho as my dad told me that he died from a heart failure it felt like purgatory. Because I will always be scared from my granddads death now our close relationship was shattered like glass we were like two peas in a pod.

When the funeral came around, I felt like I was laid to waste. When we all came up to say our final thoughts I cried when I came upon his body there was an urge to cry. I was truly destroyed.

But, his death teaches me something that all humans should know: Life will be short, but you can always outlive every moment that you have ahold of and always keep your family high above your shoulders.                    Deuteronomy 5:16

"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”