Loretta Lynn’s Mx | Teen Ink

Loretta Lynn’s Mx

December 16, 2014
By jacob fartface BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
jacob fartface BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Only 42 kids in the world get to line up at the infamous starting gates at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. It takes months of qualifying and training just to make it to this event. It is also the biggest race in amateur motocross. I will explain to you guys what this event is all about, the competition and what it means to me when I have qualify for it.

“Although the world is full of pain and suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it”. Not many people know what it takes to make it to Loretta lynn's amateur nation. This race has been going on for 34 years,  it has brought many riders up through it to the pro ranks. There is no race like it,  it is located at Loretta Lynn's Ranch in hurricane mills, TN. For every class there are 3 races, and are on the track for racing for 20 minutes and 2 laps.

Making it to Loretta Lynns is extremely hard because of the very intense competition. It is the biggest amateur race in the world. There are 42 kids on the gate that all want to win more than anything. It is also on one of the gnarliest tracks in the world. Most of these kids are homeschooled and get to ride every day at full time training.

When I made it I felt so proud of myself and it made me feel like I could do anything. When you work as hard as I did it is the greatest feeling when you accomplish that goal. When I qualified I could not help but clench my fist and pump it. When I got back to the motorhome and my mom and dad congratulated me, my body got all tingly and it was the best feeling ever.

All and all qualifying is one thing that i can continue to make it. But it is hard to say, with every year comes new and harder challenges. Every year there is a another kid that is the best, and I have to keep training harder. In the future I will be much more ready for it and excited!