Visiting Disney | Teen Ink

Visiting Disney

January 28, 2015
By Kayleen.Woodcock15 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Kayleen.Woodcock15 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live life like Emma Dalton.



  The first time I ever have been to Disney World was when my mom was the varsity cheerleading coach. We went down to Orlando, Florida for a cheerleading competition in 2005. While my mom was coach the team and I got very close. One day two girls on the team told me they couldn’t do a cartwheel; so, I taught them how. Not just any cartwheel, a running cartwheel. Ironically, while I was starting my cartwheel someone spilt water. After my run I started to do my cartwheel. My hand landed right on the water, and BONK! I slipped and landed right on the top of my head on a concrete curb. The first time I had ever been to Disney World was memorable and then again not so memorable at the same time. Some of the most amazing parts of Disney World were three attractions. If you ever go to Disney World or even thinking about going to it, I would look over the following attractions: The Castle, Big Thunder Mountain, and The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover.
One of the most memorable attractions of my vacation was the castle. The castle that stood in front of me at one hundred and eighty-nine feet looked magical and gorgeous, yet, populated and full. My favorite part of the castle was at night. When millions of lights lit up the castle and fireworks exploded behind it I physically felt magic happen. You could not stop watching the changing colors and the Electrical Parade that escorted you out of the park at closing.  You would believe that people would go back to the resort because of exhaustion. But no, thousands of people stayed till eleven o’clock for closing. Babies, toddlers, teenagers, and even adults stayed to watch the parade. Neither Grandma, nor Grandpa should leave early.
Another favorite attraction was Big Thunder Mountain. This I remember because it was my first rollercoaster I ever went on. I wasn’t tall enough to enjoy Space Mountain so I had to settle for this indoor/outdoor ride that was decorated like a train ride through a haunted, but not scary, gold mine. Big Thunder Mountain was one of the most freaky, yet awesome, rides you’ll ever be on. This rollercoaster is new and fantastic to go on. While you are on the ride you will feel it shake and wobble. When you turn you feel like you will fall out of the train car. Everyone knows you will not fall out, but, everyone feels the same lean as I did.
Finally, my all time favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom is nothing like Big Thunder Mountain. It is not rickety or old, it is not a thrill ride at all. It was a ride that my grandparents would bring me on when my mom and dad were on the rides I was not old or tall enough to go on. It was called The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. This was probably the slowest ride I have ever been on through Tomorrowland, but I will always remember it as my favorite. It is not my favorite because it is amazing or awesome and fast. It is my favorite because I shared it with my Grandma and Grandpa.
Now that you know about new attractions in Disney World, maybe you can think about going and visiting. When you visit be sure to visit these three attractions: The Castle, The Big Thunder Mountain, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover.  I know for a fact that all of the characters can not wait and see you and you children. Even though my first Disney World visit was not the best one you could ask for, it still was. I had tons of fun and that was even with a concussion.  When you are there, have tons of fun. Disney World is where adults are supposed to let there childhood come back. Disney World is where the magic happens.