Best Father | Teen Ink

Best Father

By Olivia De Los Reyes BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois
Olivia De Los Reyes BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois

I know my father may not be the vest dad but in my eyes he is. He does so many things
for us such as encouraging me in my sports and in school, providing my our family, and he is
always there for me.

My father encourages me in school on the diamond and on the court. He also encourages me when I am studying for a big test such as the Constitution test, would say“You got this!” and he would give me food because otherwise I would forget to eat. When I was playing softball he would try and make it to all of my games, weather they were far because most of them were, and when I made a double for the first time or even hit the ball he would be the one saying “Come on baby, come one baby!”,and  when I’m on the court he’ll give me pointers such as “Jump higher.”, or “Throw it softer or harder.” Sadly he couldn't make it when I made my first three pointer, but when he was there for my other three pointer was when I made five points. He was so happy and when we won our game and I made the winning basket he was so happy for me. That is one of the reasons I love my dad because he encourages me in everything I do.

My father provides for my family to do things such as, go on trips, for me to go to private school because he wants the best for me, provides for my sister to go to collage, for me to do sports and buying my sister and I expensive things. My dad provides us to go on trips to visit my grandparents every year. Which is pretty expensive because you have to pay for gas, food, clothes, and electronics to keep us entertained during the trip. My parents provide me to go to private school so I can get the best education I could get, with the best teachers they have here. My dad also pays for my sister to go to college which is even more expensive than grade school tuition. He pays for my sister to get a great education as well and encourages her to be the best nurse she wants to be. He also pays for me to get new uniform clothes, shoes, bags and basketballs and softballs every year, because whats a player without good shoes. When we do good in school my dad will get us almost anything we want for a good grade. Such as when my sister got into the nursing program  she got a surface pro 3 and when I got a 98 on my constitution test he got me a T.V.. My dad provides our family in many ways and that is another thing that I am thankful every day.

When I say my dad is also there for me he is always there. He always there to pick me up from school even when he gets out late from work, he’ll try to be there on time. He always ttys to make it to my games, but when he can’t, he’ll feel bad because he knows I want him there. When I have a school event, and he can’t make it, he’ll wish me luck to do my best. Also my dad is always there when I need him, when I need something to get fixed he’ll fix it. When I need money, he’ll try his hardest when he’s not home to.

I think my dad is the best in these qualities that he has. He is something that I thank God for everyday, for my dad being there for me and my family. Lastly I would like to say that he is very special to me and I love him, because i don’t know where I would be without my dad. Lastly he is someone that could never replaced.