My Spectacles | Teen Ink

My Spectacles

June 2, 2015
By nonsensical.casey SILVER, Garner, North Carolina
nonsensical.casey SILVER, Garner, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
But the heaviest things, I think, are the secrets. They can drown you if you let them.


For anyone that doesn’t wear glasses:

Do not ask how many fingers you are holding up unless you are checking me for a concussion. Taking my glasses and telling me that I can’t see is beyond obvious. When I don’t have on glasses everyone is beautiful; there are no ugly people. Everyone is a color and a shape. No facial features, no eye movements. Without glasses everyone is physically equal.


If my glasses have tape on the side and you say something I will politely ask you to pay the extra three hundred dollars it will take to get a new pair. Glasses break just as easily as a phone screen, a window, or a mirror. Glasses are just a combination of metal and glass. They are not indestructible.


I have worn glasses for most of my life and I do not need contacts. Therefore do not ask me why I don’t wear them. My reasoning of whether or not I have contacts in does not affect you unless you are paying for them.
If you ever get glasses you are not allowed to complain until you have worn them for at least a year. You are not allowed to say that they are ugly. You cannot say that they don’t feel right. After the first year has passed you get a new pair. Then the year starts again. A complaint free year. This cycle will repeat until you don’t wear glasses anymore. When your vision has returned to 20/20.


The author's comments:

This is what I feel like most people (including me) feel like when they have worn glasses for years. I just want people to potential agree or relate to what I've written.