Got Lost | Teen Ink

Got Lost

May 30, 2015
By Khushii PLATINUM, Parsippany, New Jersey
Khushii PLATINUM, Parsippany, New Jersey
20 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just a girl trying to get her ideas out there.


  “Gear up,” my mom said.

  I had been waiting for those words all day and as soon as I heard them, I raced down the stairs, out the door, into the messy garage, put on my helmet, and hopped onto my bike. “Yay!” I thought to myself.

  My mom, brother, and I were going biking again, just as we had gone the day before and the day before that. At the time, biking was my favorite sport, and as my mom told me we were biking to my aunt’s house to deliver medicine to her, I gazed at the cloudy sky and felt the warm air.

  “I wonder what adventure will await me today,” I said aloud. A faint smile touched my lips and with a light push to our pedals, we were off.

  The streets were busy and dangerous to bike across, but I was up for the challenge. I sped ahead of my mom and brother enjoying the gentle breeze on my face. However, I didn’t pay much attention to where I was going. I went wherever the sidewalk took me, and when there was no sidewalk I crossed a road. That could have been the cause of the horrible disaster. Although, I still don’t know how the terrible incident happened. Then, I suddenly looked behind me and was extremely surprised when I didn't see my mom or brother, so I waited a while and when no one came, I rode back a few yards. Still, I didn't see anyone. After that, I started to get worried and became afraid. I decided to ride into a random street which I thought was my aunt's. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I tried wiping them away, but they just came right back. I didn't want to admit it, but I was lost and I was terrified.

  Just then a blonde woman with short hair and a red jacket walking her dog came up to me. It was a miracle. She had seen I was lost and offered me her phone. Next, I called home and my dad picked up. I explained what had happened and he asked me where I was. To be honest, I didn't know where I was, so he called the police for help.

  In the end, my uncle found me. He was just driving around and stumbled upon me. Then, my dad finally arrived to drive me home. He was very disappointed in me. I was too. I knew I shouldn’t have gone ahead, but I was very glad to be back home sipping hot chocolate. That was definitely enough adventuring for one day.

Although getting lost was a horrible experience, I learned an important lesson. I should have stayed with my mom where it was safe and not wandered away. Next time, I will stay near my mom and memorize more streets of my town. That way, I will never get lost again.


The author's comments:

Crazy thing that happened to me.