First Day Of School | Teen Ink

First Day Of School

By ngominh.mn BRONZE, Garden Grove, California
ngominh.mn BRONZE, Garden Grove, California

I can remember the day I first came to school. Usually I get up very late at 11:00am but that day, I’d made a very impressive decision – wake up at 6 o’clock. I was so excited that I’d even forgot to bring my bag with me! Luckily, my mom saw it and carried it for me so everything was fine.

When I came to school, everything was very new to a six years old girl like me. My primary school was not very vast but it’s very beautiful and attractive, There were trees surrounding and some compact flower pots on the front. There was a banner with a very colorful sentence: Welcome To School. I as very happy but it didn’t last very long.

The bell rang and my mom had to let me go. At that moment she released my hand and softly patted my back, I felt like my heart stop beating. All the happiness starting to be replaced with fear. I started to burst into tears. Suddenly there was a beautiful woman standing in front of me, then she bent her knee so that I could see her face. Shen talk to me, said, “Don’t worry! Everything will be ok!”

She put one of her hands on my shoulder and gently pat it. A minute later, she extended her hand to me and smiled at me. I don’t know why but ever since that moment, I was never afraid of school again. Looking back, I’m very thankful to that woman – who was 1st grade teacher. She as the one who had helped me to face my fear when faced with challenge. From a shy girl, I have become more confident and mature.