Bullying Changed My life | Teen Ink

Bullying Changed My life

By kaitlynprenger BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
kaitlynprenger BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

“Ewee look at those dorks, hahah they are by themselves!”  I looked to my left: I saw nothing but swings swinging back and forth from the wind, I looked to my right: I saw my best friend miserably kicking the woodchips on the playground while swinging back and forth on the once light blue swing. Zoe was tired of this, I was tired of this but there was nothing that we could do, at least that's what we thought.

“Hey you weirdos, why don't you go find some friends.” yelled one boy trying not to burst out laughing. “ If that's possible.” smiled with a smirk on her face that belonged to one of the girl’s in their clique. “Ring, ring, ring!” Lunch was ready I could not wait for lunch I thought maybe it will be better.

“I don't know if I want to go to lunch Katie.” Zoe said twirling her hair rocking back and forth looking at the ground trying to make no eye contact.

“But you have to, I know you're hungry!” I yelled with excitement.

“ Fine, you're right but if they say something mean to us i'm not holding it back anymore i'm going to say somethin’ “ Zoe said acting all tuff as she squints her face and slowly gets as red as an apple. Zoe and I walked to the lunch room, we saw that there was a big line,

“awww.” I said

“ Well I guess we're not eating lunch then, oh well!” Zoe said smiling.

“NO, were eating and that's it!” I said to Zoe getting a little aggressive. So, we waited in line for about five minutes Zoe could not sit still she’d start wiggling her arms, then her legs, then roll her neck. Finally, we got our food and started to walk back to a table and sat down. Half of the kids were already done eating and were outside playing. Lunch was over and we missed recess so we walked back to the classroom but then we heard the group of the boys and girls who would bully us. Fastly they started to catch up, Zoe and I would walk faster but tried not making it obvious we were scared. Quickly they caught up and we both felt a poke, then a kid stepped on the back of my shoe which made my heel pop out of my shoe. 

All the bullying added up through the years, it was hurting and hurting more; but the one that was hurting worse was Zoe. Over the years Zoe and I would ignore the bullies, but Zoe couldn't anymore. Zoe was a very beautiful young girl she had so much ahead of her. She was the one who kept me going knowing she was my only friend and we were always there for another. Unfortunately Zoe was sick, tired, and exhausted of this. Nobody saw this coming...not even me. I knew what was going on through her life sadly on 7-6-15 she committed suicide. No one should ever be in the position and nobody should bully. Due to all of this, it changed me. This changed me because now there is one less beautiful best friend in my life today And now I know to never give up or let people to me. Keep in mind to not bully, it does hurt and it changes other people’s life.