Addicted | Teen Ink

Addicted

February 15, 2016
By Leigh116 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina
Leigh116 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina
41 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We're all mad here." -Alice in Wonderland


Why do I feel compelled to write down my thoughts? Sometimes I ask myself that very question. I think deep down, I write what I feel and think because one day it might be important to somebody. I know that sounds both sad and self-centered, but truthfully I just want to keep  a record of every horrible, sad, happy, crazy, and downright weird thought that ever enters my brain. Maybe one day it will help prove to the world that I was somebody way beyond what they see on the outside. It might help someone else get over whatever hard time they are going through. Most of all, journalism is my therapy. Within every page, line, and letter is my life. Journalism helps me sort through all the thoughts that are bouncing around in my mind. A jumble of words and symbols scattered across a thin sheet of paper, helps me feel like I have some kind of control over my own life. Relieving my own body of the stress and anxiety that fills my brain with a few simple letters. I guess you could say that journalism is like my drug, coursing through my veins and numbing me from the world that surrounds me.