A Day In Canton. | Teen Ink

A Day In Canton.

May 16, 2016
By Chasealexander BRONZE, St. Cloud, Wisconsin
Chasealexander BRONZE, St. Cloud, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

A day In Canton,

On the way to school, we went down Shorb Block. I remember sticking my head out the window, and seeing the SWAT team raid a house. It was early. I could see the mist in the air, gun’s drawn, people with shocked faces standing on corners. As people got on, we’d speculate on what it was that they did. Murder, one said, “Maybe he’s connected to that shooting last week”. Another said, “I figured it was in relation to drugs.”  As we approached school, I see my buddy, R******, getting off his bus and walking towards another one. “So you're talking about me, huh?” he says to the kid getting off. Then picked him up and slammed him onto the cracked pavement. I will never forget the thud his body made against that sidewalk, R****** gets up and punches him dead in the mouth. The kid swings but R****** ducks and slams him into the bus. Teacher running, kids all around. Chaos.


The author's comments:

I blurred the name out instead of changing it because this is 100% true. And I want to stress that. Changing the name would be changing the memory.