My Crazy Night | Teen Ink

My Crazy Night

Dear Diary,        July 5th 2014 

Last night I was on top of the moon. It was one of the best nights of my life, but I thought it was a night out to dinner with my parents and their friends and a show. We arrived very early at Mohegan Sun because we were going to go see Grease The Musical. I was very excited that day to see this musical. Earlier I spent the whole day at the pool. First at swim practice and then with friends hanging out. I barely had time to shower before we rushed out of the house so we could get dinner before the show. It was a long ride in the Smith’s new Chevy Tahoe. The Tahoe was like a limousine. It was so big and luxurious.  We pulled into valet and headed in. It wasn’t my first time at Mohegan Sun, but I was still impressed. It was so crowded that it felt like the streets of New York.  There were tons of little girls walking around and wearing bows in their hair with homemade t-shirts. It became obvious at once why they were there. My mom turned to me with a sad and concerned face.

“Maybe Katy Perry is here.” my Mom said. “I’m sorry. I know how badly you wanted to go.”

I laughed. I loved all her music and her style. She has very bright costumes, and I knew every single lyric of her songs. I had also seen all of her posts on Instagram about her tour. I had spent hours trying to find tickets for Boston but they were way too expensive. They were over five hundred dollars a ticket for good seats. My mom looked with me for a while, and then let me know it was not going to happen.

The main area was buzzing with excitement. I tried not to be sad. I was going to see Grease the Musical. It would be great. I tried not to let the others see my disappointment. We walked around for a while and grabbed a quick bite to eat. Then, my sister had to go into Sephora, and I kept saying that she was going to make us late. My Dad and his friend left to meet someone. We were standing near the giant blue glass art sculpture waiting for them. I watched as my mom and her friend Becky whispered to them when they returned.

“We have the tickets for you, Sophie.” My mom told me.

Then suddenly my Dad pulled out the tickets and he gave one to me. I quickly looked and realized the tickets said “2014 Prismatic Tour starring Katy Perry- Row A.”

I stood there in shock, with everyone staring at me. My parents were looking at me with big smiles. I was excited like a kid on Christmas Day. I was about to cry, and started shaking as if I just saw a ghost.

I was crying tears of joy. My Mom and Dad squeezed me in a big hug. I was in shock. I had no clue that my parents got the tickets. My sister was laughing.

“Did you know?” I asked Meredith.

“ I saw a reminder on her phone.” she laughed. She knew all along.

I was so happy. They were amazing  tickets. That night I was so close to Katy Perry I could almost touch her.  She sang all of her songs including my favorite one “Wide Awake.” I sang at the top of lungs with my family by my side. Her outfits were spectacular.  The butterfly dress was fluttering and dancing on the stage by itself. The funniest part was Katy gave away a Dominoes Pizza to the little girl standing next to me, and my Dad ate almost the whole thing. That night time stood still. It was a special surprise concert that I will always remember.

It was my first concert and I loved it. Furthermore, I was very lucky to go to this concert. Katy Perry put on an awesome show. I can still remember all the details of the show. I was grateful for the great tickets that my parents were able to get for me. I realized I was very lucky to have parents and friends who helped make my dreams come true.

It is great
I loved it