Graves | Teen Ink

Graves

October 5, 2016
By yoshiyoghi BRONZE, The Colony, Texas
yoshiyoghi BRONZE, The Colony, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As I think about how it was, like with my family, with the smiles, laughs, and even the sad moments. In some part of me, thinking about memories, I ask, “Why am I thinking about these memories?”


Then I heard a noise. “It sounds like people crying,” I say to myself. The noise isfading away and then getting louder constantly. I feel like I'm freaking out but I'm not. I try to move around but I don't have feeling. I open my eyes and noticing that it's completely dark. Then the surface around me starts moving then “thump” the surface under me hits the ground.
    

I start to hear a cranking noise as I lay still. Then I hear thump-thump-thump it sounds like rain, but it's not little dirt fragments hit my face throw a crack. I see dirt building up and then it all all comes be to me… “I'm dead” I say in my head. Then my body raises and I become a spirit or ghost . I flow through the casket and the pile of dirt and I see my family crying over my grave.
    

Then I realize this is my funeral?”how did I die?” I ask myself that's just a blur. I end up standing next to my family, trying to touch them but my hand just goes thru them. I cry… knowing that I'll never be I vanish.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this is that there's a lot of death common in life.