Her Eyes | Teen Ink

Her Eyes

December 16, 2016
By queen_6502 GOLD, Springfield, Massachusetts
queen_6502 GOLD, Springfield, Massachusetts
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life hands you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it"


Her eyes were green But they weren't just green. They were a magnificent green. They were a green that belonged in an emerald, hanging around a royals neck. They were like the Smokey Mountains on a rainy day. When you looked into them, all was at peace. Everything was tranquil. All you can hear is silence. The special kind of silence that only occurs in the middle of the night. The silence that contains no noise, yet is louder and more powerful than anything you can say. Within them, you get lost. The good kind of lost. The lost that proves to be something so much more. They say your eyes are the window to your soul. If that's true, than her soul contained more secrets than stars in the night sky. But you know what? That isn't the best part. The best part is this: They make you think. No, that's not it. They make you wonder. They make you question the world, yet they contain so many answers. They make you wonder why there is hate, and yet, they make you wonder why there is any other form of beauty. Because nothing was more elegant,more full of beauty and grace, nothing more full of curiosity, than her eyes.


The author's comments:

Just an old piece I wrote.Hope you like it!