Wanderlust | Teen Ink

Wanderlust

By charchar3 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
charchar3 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Out of everything that makes me happy in my life. Traveling is one of the most important to me. It gives me the opportunity to explore new cultures, people, food, art, music, and sights. To me, traveling doesn’t mean you have to hop on a plane and travel halfway around the world. I think traveling can be as simple as exploring your city. Going on adventures and seeing new things and places is something that puts a huge smile on my face. It gives me the time to stop and focus on what I’m doing. It allows me to relax and make amazing memories. This past summer I was given the incredible opportunity to go to Rome, Italy with my family. Hands down, it was one of the best trips I have ever been on. I got to see the Colosseum, Vatican, Tivoli Fountain, Pompeii, and so much more. It was so beautiful and exciting. That trip really taught me the importance of spending time with my family and the importance of learning about new places and things. That is why traveling is so important to me. It lets me make memories that will last a lifetime and it gives me a greater love and appreciation for the people I’m with. 

This piece is about the importance of traveling to me. I wrote it because I wanted to write and something I love.