Pre Game | Teen Ink

Pre Game

December 7, 2018
By DillonSnow BRONZE, Hemet, California
DillonSnow BRONZE, Hemet, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It's quiet. Not a sound but the slight chatter from my teammates across the room. I'm sitting on a red seat with headphones stuffed in my ears. The silence was almost as if we were in a library, with everyone getting prepared to play their hearts out. The jerseys were tight and the shoulderpads bulky, but everyone was comfortable.

It's a little emotional in the room because this could be our last game of the season. Plus this is the school's first time in the semi finals in over 40 years, so the team is taking everything serious.

This is the calm before the storm. The whole season flashes through everyone's eyes. But no one doubts that we will win. The whole team is confident, especially because we worked so hard all year, and it wasn't for nothing.

As only a sophomore starting on varsity, I can't imagine what the seniors are dealing with. This could be their last game ever. This makes me want to leave everything on the field and not ask myself if I could have done more.

Suddenly, the coach pops into the room and everyone snaps  back into reality. He announces that we will be going to the field. It's still quite. Everyone huddles up silently. Then we start to chant and yell, getting everyone thrilled.  Then, we March down the long pathway not knowing what to expect. Will we win, or will we lose.