Divsion Basketball | Teen Ink

Divsion Basketball

January 22, 2019
By Willj34 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Willj34 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Did you know that 3.1% percent of senior high school players(less than 1 in 35)end up on college basketball teams?  This low percentage makes me want to work more to be one of that 3.1% of high school seniors that end up on a college team.  This fact makes me want to work to play in March Madness, and be like the three NBA players that inspire me to play basketball.

Basketball has been my favorite sport for a while now.  I’ve been told by coaches to keep playing because I could actually progress to be good in the future.  Now I want to be one of the best players to play basketball. It has always been a dream of mine to be one of the best basketball players, but to become that I have to put in the work, the time, and the dedication.  These next players are inspirations to motivate me to work hard.

I have always had college inspirations, and three of mine are Michael Jordan, Donovan Mitchell, and Karl-Anthony-Towns.  Michael Jordan is one of my main inspirations because of his story, he started off in high not even making the high school basketball team, so he kept practicing and made the team the next year. He then received a scholarship from North Carolina, and went to later play in the NBA, and is now known as the best basketball player ever.  Donovan Mitchell, went to The University of Louisville, he has been one of my favorite players for awhile now, and now plays in the NBA with the Utah Jazz. Karl-Anthony-Towns went to college at the University of Kentucky, he had a great year there and now plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Timberwolves are my favorite team, and Karl is my favorite player on the team.  They all played in march madness which leads my to me next point.

March madness is a time during college basketball where the top teams play it out for the NCAA championship, march madness is a really fun time of the year, it consist of people filling out brackets, watching the games on our mobile phones, college players hitting shots to win the tournament games.  I have always wanted to play during march madness, the adrenaline, the excitement of winning, and the upsets. Hopefully someday I will be able to reach my dream and play in college basketball and to have a good enough team to make it into march madness.

Those are some inspirations(Michael Jordan, Karl-Anthony-Towns, and Donovan Mitchell) that push me to keep playing basketball. The intense times during march madness, and the 3.1% of high school seniors that make it to college also motivate me to keep playing, and pushing myself to be the best that I can be.