Post Game | Teen Ink

Post Game

By DillonSnow BRONZE, Hemet, California
DillonSnow BRONZE, Hemet, California

After the big game the adrenaline goes away and everything starts to dim down and everything is calm unlike the game that was heart racing and exciting. After the game I see my family and friends, they congratulate me and send me off to the weight room were I left some stuff before the game.

The weight room is dim with only a few people in it.  I grab my stuff and then make the long walk across the stadium to the locker room. I see all my teammates celebrating with their family and friends knowing what it feels like. I see cameras rolling and snapping pictures of all the players who fought a hard battle. It is loud, but at the same time it is quiet compared to during the game.

I am in the locker room, its dim but loud. Everyone is screaming and yelling with the music. The smell is sour but no one cares after what we just did.  All the players are dancing and running around with excitement.

I get to my locker and the adrenaline is finally gone. I talk with my friends ,sitting in front of the lockers beside me,  about what good plays we made during the game and reacting to the things we saw. We pack our stuff in the locker then go to have fun with the rest of the team in the locker room. We do this for at least 10 minutes then people slowly start to make their way out.

It’s time to walk the long walk again to turn in my jersey. This walk is always silent, everyone has left or is leaving. I turn in my jersey and say “Good night” to my coaches and make my way home.

A true story about after one of my highschool football games.