Addicted | Teen Ink

Addicted

January 19, 2022
By Mulv02 BRONZE, Hartford, Wisconsin
Mulv02 BRONZE, Hartford, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Walking into the wrestling room. The hot smelly wrestling room, where all my stress and worries are gone. I feel at peace. Ready for the hardest task to do in the world, to become great. Doing nothing or thinking about nothing, but that task at hand to help me become great. The people in the wrestling room are all my friends. Relationships forged in the room from shared experiences of seeing what we put towards the sport we love. Respect is shown to all who step on the mat. Smiles on everyone's faces. Everyone treated equally. No one excluded. No egos. All working in harmony to get better. Getting prepared to go to war together against whoever steps across from us when the whistle blows.

Success comes with hard work into the room. Effort and attitude controlling whether success is reached. Believing in my training and what I am doing is right. In the wrestling room for hours upon hours each week grinding to become the best. Some people think, why are you wrestling so much? But I am always thinking, what else can I do to get better? And the only answer I truly have is that I am addicted. I am addicted to the journey of becoming the best. I am addicted to the constant battles I put myself through to become better. I am addicted to the grind.


The author's comments:

Shows my view on the wrestling room.