Kobe vs. LeBron: The Ultimate Question | Teen Ink

Kobe vs. LeBron: The Ultimate Question

By Darrin Hypsher BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia
Darrin Hypsher BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia

In the right corner we have the beast, the quick shooter, the most hated player in the NBA - Kobe Bryant!!! And in the left corner we have the overpowering, manhandling, King James himself - LeBron James!!! Who is better Kobe Bryant or LeBron James? This is one of the biggest questions of our time. Even I, an aspiring sports analyst/sports writer, don’t have the answer to this on going question. So, the purpose of this article is to let you, the reader decide. I’ll present Kobe and LeBron’s performances against the New York Knicks – at the legendary Madison Square Gardens. So sit back, relax, look at the stats, and You Be The Judge…

If I told you that Kobe Bryant was 6- 6 205lbs. and LeBron James was 6-8 250lbs. wouldn’t you think LeBron James would win in a one on one game? Well, that isn’t necessarily true. Although in a match up between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, LeBron just about dominates in every aspect of the game, accept for 3 point percentage and free throw percentage, if it came down to the last seconds of the game, and someone would shoot the game winner most people would choose Kobe Bryant to make the shot.

Recently Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers played the New York Knicks. Kobe probably showed the best and the worst of his game. Kobe Bryant score 61 points. Now if that was all I told you, you would say what an amazing performance, good job Kobe. Now let me tell you the rest of his stats. Bryant had 0 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, and 1 block. Now let’s compare that to his season average. Bryant averages 27.5 points per game, 5.60 rebounds a game and 5.0 assist per game. He outscored himself by more than double his season average; he had no rebounds, and less then his already lacking assist average. Bryant averages 1.2 steals and 0.4 blocks a game. Even Spike Lee (A director and a true Knicks fan) was impressed.

The day after the amazing performance by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James also had an outstanding night. LeBron James had 52 points, 11 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, and no steals. That win seems way better than Kobe’s. LeBron James found time to pass, score, get rebounds, and make two blocks. Although Kobe scored 61 points, LeBron’s win seemed hard fought.

Kobe Bryant has more experience in the NBA than LeBron James. James has power, the ability to dribble the ball, the ability to shoot, and can take it to the rim with no problem – all while picking up a foul. The brilliance is that Kobe can do all that plus a little more. As time progresses, LeBron James will meet Kobe Bryant at his level then he will surpass him, but he just isn’t there yet. Another thing I found is that people don’t like Kobe. They will always find something wrong with him like: “Oh he doesn’t pass the ball enough”, or “oh I don’t like his attitude.” In my opinion, Kobe does have an ego and does need to pass a lot more. By now, he should have learned that he has an extremely good team, and he should pass to them more – get them more involved in the game.

On the other hand, LeBron doesn’t have as good a team, but it is decent. That team could lead the Cavaliers to a championship.

Everyone hates Kobe Bryant and everyone loves LeBron James. It’s just the way it is. I am a Lakers fan and would choose Kobe Bryant over LeBron James. I think Kobe has an establisher jumper and is an all around great player (accept in passing). LeBron has strength a good jumper and the ability to lead a team without being a ball hog. Sorry LeBron James fans, but I have to give this win to Kobe Bryant.

CelticsAllDayWilson25 BRONZE, Whitney, Texas

I call it how I see it with my glasses on "Lil Wayne"

SIKE not over Paul Peirce

lopez_ BRONZE said...
lopez_ BRONZE, Hubbard, Oregon

eh

Kobe once scored 81 points in one game. has LeBron done that? exactly...

smileyctm said...
smileyctm, Chicago, Illinois

kobe

kobe is tha best of tha west

husla@ BRONZE said...
husla@ BRONZE, Roslyn Hights, New York

waddupp

lebron's so much better he had more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and block last year then kobe did and hes younger he's just going to get better.