Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets Trade | Teen Ink

Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets Trade

May 11, 2022
By Xavier_Chanoine SILVER, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
Xavier_Chanoine SILVER, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Philadelphia traded Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, and two first-round picks to Brooklyn in exchange for James Harden and Paul Milsap. If it is possible I think both teams won the trade and made themselves better. Brooklyn got much-needed defensive help, depth, and future picks, while Philly added another dominant scorer and backup big to pair alongside Embiid. Both the Sixers and the Nets are now able to make a run at the NBA Championship. 

The Nets have a huge big 3 of KD, Kyrie, and Ben Simmons. While Simmons needs to make some strides both in his offensive game and mentally he should be a big part of a possible Nets Championship. Right now KD and Ben still aren’t playing, but they have the number 1 Vegas odds to win the championship. They are poised to sneak into the playoffs and make a deep run. With a great big 3 and good surrounding pieces, I could see them in the finals. 

On the other hand, Philly is looking good. They are 2-0 with Harden and the big 3 of Harden, Maxey, and Embiid look amazing. I think the Sixers are poised for a huge late-season run. Once Doc Rivers figures out the rotation and Tobias Harris starts knocking down shots the Sixers could legitimately be the best team in the league. Philadelphia is one of the hardest places to play in the league and they are already one of the top seeds in the east with the addition of Harden they should be able to beat every team in the league.

Legitimately in this trade, both teams made themselves better. With the big names, big cities, and huge rivalries between these teams and fanbases a potential ECF meetup would be the dream. Simmons returning to Philly and Harden to Brooklyn would be must-watch TV. Both teams are good enough to win the league now, but health is a concern for both teams. I hope we can see a meeting between them in the playoffs as it would be the best series of the playoffs most likely. 


The author's comments:

Hi my name is Xavi Chanoine. I am a 15-year-old sportswriter who is interested in getting more younger kids into sports. I enjoy watching all sports, especially football and basketball. My goal in doing this is to give a community for younger people to read, write, and comment about any type of sports. I want people to enjoy reading my articles and to feel inclined to comment on them, and even write their own. I want to create a community online of young writers who are excited about sports.