Aaron Judge's Historic Season | Teen Ink

Aaron Judge's Historic Season

November 18, 2022
By Rmenne4 BRONZE, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Rmenne4 BRONZE, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As Aaron Judge capped off his historic season let’s take a moment to reflect on how it all happened.  Aaron Judge has always been a sight to see but this season he was incredible.  He had gotten MVP votes in 2017, 2018, and 2021 but had never finished higher than second place.  As he was robbed by Jose Altuve in 2017 of the MVP award.  This season during the offseason while taking batting practice he stated that he was going to hit 50 home runs this season. Not only did he do that he exceeded that as he broke the AL Home run record hitting 62 home runs to break Roger Maris' record.  His record was set in 1961 as he and another Hall of Fame Yankee Mickey Mantle were in a home run race throughout the season. Once the end of the season hit Maris beat out Mantle by 7 home runs as Maris set the record.  A few things led to this historic season, as of course it was Aaron Judge but coaches, staff, and other players contributed.  The great team dynamic created by Aaron Boone has propelled the team and the players to play well in a winning environment.  Along with this Judge’s mechanics with great bat path and being short to the ball had him leading in many batting stats including runs, homers, RBIs, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and total bases.  He excelled at leading this incredible Yankees team to be able to win the division and make it to the ALCS where they sadly had their run ended by the Houston Astros.  As of November 17th, 2022 Aaron Judge beat out Shohei Ohtani to win the AL MVP. He got 28 out of 30 first place votes.  This is the first time a Yankee has won the MVP since Alex Rodriguez back in 2007.  Now let’s run through the home runs throughout the season. Winning MVP wasn’t something a lot of people saw coming in the first month as he had 1 home run in 13 games and was batting .259.  After the slow start, he went on an eight game hitting streak and was on a roll.  From there he did not decide to slow down.  Through the first three months of the season, Judge had a total of 36 home runs. Aaron Judge throughout the season was at paces to beat Maris’ and Bond’s records.  He could only beat out Maris but still broke the AL record.  This is a season that will go down in the history books and will have stories told to future generations.


The author's comments:

This article sums up all of the main details about Aaron Judge's incredibly historic season.